Colourful, full-on flavoursome and tastier than a takeaway. What’s not to like?
- 200g dried medium egg noodles
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- A small handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce/tamari
- 650g raw tiger prawns, peeled
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 8 spring onions, roughly shredded
- 1 red and 1 orange pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced into ribbons
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into ribbons
- 200g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Prepare the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ginger, garlic, chilli, coriander, lime juice, fish sauce and dark soy sauce and pour over the prawns. Toss well to coat.
- Spray a wok or large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the peppers and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the courgette, carrot and water chestnuts, toss well and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the light soy sauce and season. Tip into a dish and keep warm.
- Spray the wok with a little more low-calorie cooking spray. Place over a high heat, add the prawn mixture and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until the prawns are cooked through and pink. Tip the vegetables back into the wok and toss well to combine.
- Divide the noodles between 4 shallow bowls, spoon on the prawn and vegetable mixture, and serve with the lime wedges.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.