Colourful, full-on flavoursome and tastier than a takeaway. What’s not to like?
- 200g dried medium egg noodles
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- A small handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce/tamari
- 650g raw tiger prawns, peeled
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 8 spring onions, roughly shredded
- 1 red and 1 orange pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced into ribbons
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into ribbons
- 200g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Prepare the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ginger, garlic, chilli, coriander, lime juice, fish sauce and dark soy sauce and pour over the prawns. Toss well to coat.
- Spray a wok or large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the peppers and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the courgette, carrot and water chestnuts, toss well and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the light soy sauce and season. Tip into a dish and keep warm.
- Spray the wok with a little more low-calorie cooking spray. Place over a high heat, add the prawn mixture and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until the prawns are cooked through and pink. Tip the vegetables back into the wok and toss well to combine.
- Divide the noodles between 4 shallow bowls, spoon on the prawn and vegetable mixture, and serve with the lime wedges.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group