Busy weeknights need speedy, family-friendly suppers – our fantastic
time-saving stir-fry will really hit the spot.
- 200g dried basmati rice
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 400g beef frying steaks, all visible fat removed, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 650g ready-prepared stir-fry vegetables
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce/tamari
- 3 level tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced, to garnish
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, place a wok or large frying pan sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray over a high heat. When hot, stir-fry the beef for 3-4 minutes, or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Rinse the wok, wipe dry with kitchen paper and re-spray it with low-calorie cooking spray. Fry the garlic, ginger, onions and stir-fry vegetables for 6-8 minutes, or until just beginning to soften. Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Add the soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce and stir-fry for a further minute.
- Drain the rice. Toss the beef through the vegetable mixture, then divide between 4 shallow bowls. Serve, garnished with the chilli, with the rice and the lime wedges for squeezing over.
Tip: Make it veggie: Use 400g firm tofu cut into 1cm cubes instead of the beef, and follow the recipe as above – 1 Syn on Extra Easy.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.