Busy weeknights need speedy, family-friendly suppers – our fantastic
time-saving stir-fry will really hit the spot.
- 200g dried basmati rice
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 400g beef frying steaks, all visible fat removed, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 650g ready-prepared stir-fry vegetables
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce/tamari
- 3 level tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced, to garnish
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, place a wok or large frying pan sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray over a high heat. When hot, stir-fry the beef for 3-4 minutes, or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Rinse the wok, wipe dry with kitchen paper and re-spray it with low-calorie cooking spray. Fry the garlic, ginger, onions and stir-fry vegetables for 6-8 minutes, or until just beginning to soften. Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Add the soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce and stir-fry for a further minute.
- Drain the rice. Toss the beef through the vegetable mixture, then divide between 4 shallow bowls. Serve, garnished with the chilli, with the rice and the lime wedges for squeezing over.
Tip: Make it veggie: Use 400g firm tofu cut into 1cm cubes instead of the beef, and follow the recipe as above – 1 Syn on Extra Easy.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.