This delicious Scandinavian speciality of salmon marinated with dill will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator. If you don't fancy filleting the salmon yourself, ask your fishmonger to do it for you.
- 700g fresh salmon, sliced, boned and filleted lengthways
- 1 large bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tbsp coarsely ground sea salt
- 1 level tbsp caster sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
- Sprigs of dill, to garnish
for the Mustard and Dill Sauce:
- 200g low fat natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp chopped dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put one fillet, skin-side down, in a large glass, stainless steel or enamel dish. Scatter the dill over the top.
- Mix the sea salt, sugar and black pepper together and sprinkle over the dill. Place the other salmon fillet, on top and cover with aluminium foil.
- Put a wooden board or a plate on top of the foil wrapped salmon and weight down with metal weights or heavy cans.
- Place the salmon in the refrigerator for 24-72 hours. About once every 12 hours, baste the salmon with the juices in the dish.
- When you are ready to serve the gravlax, remove the salmon from the marinade and scrape away the dill and salt. Pat dry with kitchen paper. Slice the salmon very thinly, on the diagonal, in the same way as you would slice smoked salmon. Arrange the slices on the serving plate.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the sauce and serve separately. Garnish the gravlax with lemon wedges and sprigs of dill.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.