Give the ultimate picnic food a Thai twist with these spicy-coated chicken legs - great for a barbecue or picnic. As long as you remove all the skin and visible fat, this luscious finger food is totally Free!
- 8 large, skinless chicken drumsticks, visible fat removed
- 150g fat-free natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 5 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- 5 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- With a sharp knife, make a few cuts in the flesh of each drumstick.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until fairly smooth. Transfer to a wide ceramic bowl and season to taste.
- Add the drumsticks to the marinade, rubbing the mixture well into the meat. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours, or overnight if you have time.
- Remove the drumsticks from the marinade, shaking off the excess. Cook them on the barbecue for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
(Alternatively, roast in a preheated oven at 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through). Serve warm or cold.
Tip: As well as adding flavour, marinades help to tenderise meat and keep it moist while cooking. Here are some great ideas for Free and low Syn marinades:
1) lemon or lime juice
2) soy sauce
3) honey (½ Syn per level tsp)
4) fat-free natural yogurt
5) ground and whole spices, fresh root ginger and chillies
6) fresh and dried herbs
Video: Green curry chicken drumsticks
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.