The herby gremolata topping takes a simple chicken tray bake to a whole new level.
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 courgettes, sliced
- 1 garlic bulb
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon, plus 2 tbsp juice
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Arrange the leeks, carrots and courgettes in a very large, non-stick deep-sided baking tray or roasting tin (about 40cm x 30cm). Cut the top off the garlic bulb (like you would with a Halloween pumpkin lid) to reveal the cloves and add the bulb to the tray. Sprinkle over the thyme leaves and add 3 tbsp water and half the lemon juice. Season lightly, mix well and roast for 25 minutes, turning halfway and adding another splash of water if needed.
- Meanwhile, skin each drumstick by pulling away a bit of skin at the thick end (use kitchen paper to get a good grip) and pulling it off over the bony end. Put the drumsticks in a bowl and sprinkle with the cayenne pepper, remaining lemon juice and a little salt.
- Give the vegetables a stir and add a splash more water. Nestle the chicken drumsticks among them and roast for a further 35 minutes or until the vegetables are golden and the chicken is cooked through, adding more water if needed. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Make the gremolata by combining the parsley and lemon zest in a small bowl. Scatter the gremolata over the chicken and veg and serve hot. Delicious with mashed potatoes – or swede mash if you want to keep it suitable for Extra Easy SP.
Tip: Serve the garlic bulb as a garnish or squeeze the flesh from the cloves, mash well and stir through the vegetables.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.