Perfect for summer time barbecues alongside a lovely green salad
- 4 whole mackerel, heads, removed, gutted and cleaned
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 4 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- Juice of 2 oranges
- Make four or five cuts on each side of each mackerel and sprinkle the red chillies and garlic over each cut.
- Season with salt and pepper and spray each fish, on both sides, with low calorie cooking spray.
- Preheat the grill or barbecue and, when hot, cook the fish for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the skin is crisp and lightly charred at the edges and the fish is just tender.
- While the fish is under the grill, combine the lemon juice, spring onions, dried chilli flakes, rosemary and orange juice in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the rosemary mixture over the mackerel and serve straight from the grill.
Tip: Serve with a crisp mixed leaf salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group