Perfect for summer time barbecues alongside a lovely green salad
- 4 whole mackerel, heads, removed, gutted and cleaned
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 4 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- Juice of 2 oranges
- Make four or five cuts on each side of each mackerel and sprinkle the red chillies and garlic over each cut.
- Season with salt and pepper and spray each fish, on both sides, with low calorie cooking spray.
- Preheat the grill or barbecue and, when hot, cook the fish for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the skin is crisp and lightly charred at the edges and the fish is just tender.
- While the fish is under the grill, combine the lemon juice, spring onions, dried chilli flakes, rosemary and orange juice in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the rosemary mixture over the mackerel and serve straight from the grill.
Tip: Serve with a crisp mixed leaf salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.