These stuffed peppers are bursting with sunshine flavours that'll 'wow' all your guests.
- 350g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 red peppers, halved lengthways, deseeded and stalks removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 100g reduced-fat halloumi, cubed
- Red chicory and little gem lettuce leaves, to serve
For the pesto:
- 2 medium slices of wholemeal bread from a small 400g loaf
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large handfuls of fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/gas 6. Divide the cherry tomatoes between the pepper halves and season.
- To make the pesto, put the bread in a food processor and whizz into
breadcrumbs, then add the garlic, basil, lemon juice and 90ml water. Whizz into a paste. Spoon the pesto into the peppers.
- Transfer the peppers to a shallow ovenproof dish and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Roast for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Preheat your grill to hot. Divide the halloumi between the peppers,
add a twist of black pepper and grill for 5-10 minutes until browned.
Serve with the lettuce leaves.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.