These stuffed peppers are bursting with sunshine flavours that'll 'wow' all your guests.
- 350g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 red peppers, halved lengthways, deseeded and stalks removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 100g reduced-fat halloumi, cubed
- Red chicory and little gem lettuce leaves, to serve
For the pesto:
- 2 medium slices of wholemeal bread from a small 400g loaf
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large handfuls of fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/gas 6. Divide the cherry tomatoes between the pepper halves and season.
- To make the pesto, put the bread in a food processor and whizz into
breadcrumbs, then add the garlic, basil, lemon juice and 90ml water. Whizz into a paste. Spoon the pesto into the peppers.
- Transfer the peppers to a shallow ovenproof dish and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Roast for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Preheat your grill to hot. Divide the halloumi between the peppers,
add a twist of black pepper and grill for 5-10 minutes until browned.
Serve with the lettuce leaves.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.