Video: Ham and pea frittata
Don’t shell out a fortune on Syn-laden sarnies! Our quick and easy lunchbox frittata is the real meal deal.
- 50g frozen peas
- 4 eggs
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- Small handful of fresh mint, shredded
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 100g thick-cut lean ham, visible fat removed, cubed
- Boil the peas for 3-4 minutes,then drain. Preheat your grill to high.
- Beat the eggs well in a medium bowl. Stir in the onion, red pepper, mint and the peas, and season well.
- Spray a medium ovenproof frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the base is set.
- Scatter the ham over the frittata, then slide under the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until set and the top is bubbling and slightly golden. Allow to cool, then cut into 6 wedges. Chill until ready to eat.
Tip: Enjoy with a seasoned cucumber and cherry tomato salad.