This fresh dish is a favourite among outside diners.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tbsp harissa powder
- 4 lean pork chops or steaks, visible fat removed
- low-calorie cooking spray
For the gremolata
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ small pack fresh parsley, chopped
- grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- The day before you want to eat, grind the garlic with the salt using a pestle and mortar or rolling pin. Add 1 tbsp warm water and grind to a smooth paste. Stir in the parsley and harissa powder and mix well.
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, make little deep cuts all over the chops. Spread the paste all over the chops, making sure you get some into the cuts - a pastry brush is perfect for this job. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Light the barbecue for direct medium heat.
- Spray the chops with low-calorie cooking spray and barbecue over direct medium heat for 15 minutes or until tender and cooked through, turning once. (Or cook on a griddle pan over a medium-high heat.)
- Meanwhile, make the gremolata by mixing the garlic, parsley and lemon zest in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the chops and serve hot with your favourite sides or Speed veg.