This hearty, warming stew of beef and chunky vegetables is the ideal dinner on a cold winter's night!
- low calorie cooking spray
- 700g lean casserole steak, visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 turnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 600ml boiling beef stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/Fan 140°C/Gas 3.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the meat and fry until browned on all sides.
- Transfer the meat to an ovenproof casserole dish along with the garlic, onions, carrots, turnips and stock. Season to taste and add the dried herbs. Cover tightly and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
- Serve hot with your favourite vegetables.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group