This meal makes a stunning Sunday lunch - at just 3.5 Syns for the lot!
- 2 x 6-bone racks of lamb, French trimmed, visible fat removed
- 1½ level tsp Dijon mustard
- 400g green beans, to serve
For the bake:
- 500g new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 level tbsp plain flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250ml vegetable bouillon, made up according to the packet instructions
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 15g finely grated fresh Parmesan
For the crust:
- 1 slice wholemeal bread from a small 400g loaf
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon, plus wedges to serve
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. For the bake, mix together the potatoes, leek, garlic and flour in an ovenproof dish. Season, pour over the bouillon and milk, sprinkle over the Parmesan and add a twist of black pepper. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, make the crust by whizzing the bread, herbs and lemon zest together in a food processor. Season the lamb, then brush the meaty side with mustard and press on the crust mixture in an even layer. Place on a baking tray, crust-side up.
- Roast the lamb for 15 minutes for rare, 20 minutes for medium or 25 minutes for well done, then cover in foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Boil the green beans for 4-5 minutes, then drain. Slice the racks into cutlets, then divide the lamb, potatoes and beans between 4 plates and serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: You can ask your butcher to French-trim the lamb for you.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.