This meal makes a stunning Sunday lunch - at just 3.5 Syns for the lot!
- 2 x 6-bone racks of lamb, French trimmed, visible fat removed
- 1½ level tsp Dijon mustard
- 400g green beans, to serve
For the bake:
- 500g new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 level tbsp plain flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250ml vegetable bouillon, made up according to the packet instructions
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 15g finely grated fresh Parmesan
For the crust:
- 1 slice wholemeal bread from a small 400g loaf
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon, plus wedges to serve
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. For the bake, mix together the potatoes, leek, garlic and flour in an ovenproof dish. Season, pour over the bouillon and milk, sprinkle over the Parmesan and add a twist of black pepper. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, make the crust by whizzing the bread, herbs and lemon zest together in a food processor. Season the lamb, then brush the meaty side with mustard and press on the crust mixture in an even layer. Place on a baking tray, crust-side up.
- Roast the lamb for 15 minutes for rare, 20 minutes for medium or 25 minutes for well done, then cover in foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Boil the green beans for 4-5 minutes, then drain. Slice the racks into cutlets, then divide the lamb, potatoes and beans between 4 plates and serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: You can ask your butcher to French-trim the lamb for you.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.