Pork and apples make perfect partners and this clever recipe features apples in the mash!
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 80g wholemeal bread, crumbed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 thin-cut boneless lean pork loin steaks, all visible fat removed
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 red apples
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Mix together the dried herbs, breadcrumbs and garlic, then rub all over the pork and lightly spray with low calorie cooking spray. Season well and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 12-15 minutes or until tender, then drain and return to the pan. Coarsely grate the apples into the potatoes, season well and roughly mash.
- Serve the pork with the mash and your favourite vegetables.
Tip: You can use any combination of dried herbs: chives, mint and rosemary all work well.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.