Pork and apples make perfect partners and this clever recipe features apples in the mash!
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 80g wholemeal bread, crumbed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 thin-cut boneless lean pork loin steaks, all visible fat removed
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 red apples
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Mix together the dried herbs, breadcrumbs and garlic, then rub all over the pork and lightly spray with low calorie cooking spray. Season well and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 12-15 minutes or until tender, then drain and return to the pan. Coarsely grate the apples into the potatoes, season well and roughly mash.
- Serve the pork with the mash and your favourite vegetables.
Tip: You can use any combination of dried herbs: chives, mint and rosemary all work well.