Here's a novel way to serve green beans - hot in a herb and mustard dressing. If wished, you can add some crushed garlic, as the Spanish do.
- 700g thin green beans, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 level tsp Dijon mustard
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the beans in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for about 4 minutes, until just tender and still a lovely fresh green. Drain and transfer to a warm serving dish.
- Blend the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juce, mustard and parsley together, and pour over the hot beans.
- Toss the beans in the dressing and serve sprinkled with freshly ground salt and pepper.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.