This colourful salad is just bursting with flavour!
- 600g baby new potatoes, peeled
- 450g (about 6) fresh mackerel fillets
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 200g frozen peas
- 150g red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 175g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 100g watercress
For the dressing:
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 75g fat-free natural yogurt
- 1 level tbsp hot horseradish sauce
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes,or until tender. Drain and thickly
slice. Return to the pan and cover.
- Meanwhile, place the mackerel skin-side down on the prepared baking tray. Drizzle over half the lemon juice, season and sprinkle over the chilli flakes. Bake for 15 minutes, then leave to cool. Peel off the skin and flake the fish.
- For the dressing, put the onion, yogurt and horseradish in a small bowl together with the remaining lemon juice. Whisk lightly, then season to taste.
- Boil the peas for 1-2 minutes. Drain and put in a large bowl with the cabbage and tomatoes. Toss and season, then add the potatoes and watercress and toss again. Spoon on to 4 plates and top with the mackerel. Serve the dressing on the side, sprinkled with black pepper.