Succulent flakes of hot-smoked salmon with farfalle pasta, peas and broccoli in a rich tomato sauce
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Half an onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 and a half tablespoons of tomato puree
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 300ml boiling fish stock
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 400g dried farfalle pasta (or other short pasta shapes)
- 150g small broccoli florets
- 200g frozen peas
- 275g hot-smoked salmon, flaked or cut into chunks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, adding a little water if it starts to stick.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the tomato puree, tomatoes, stock and two-thirds of the basil. Bring to the boil over a high heat then turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to pack instructions, adding the broccoli 4 minutes before the end of cooking and the frozen peas 2 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables, reserving a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water, and return to the saucepan. Stir through the reserved cooking water, the tomato sauce, the salmon and the remaining basil. Season to taste and serve hot.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.