A deliciously creamy soup with sweetcorn and a hint of chilli and chives
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small leek, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 x 198g cans sweetcorn in water, drained
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1.2 litres boiling vegetable stock
- 1/2-1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 50g fat free natural Greek yogurt
- 10g fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lime juice, to taste
- Put the onion into a large saucepan with the leek, potato, garlic, 350g sweetcorn and the stock.
- Bring to the boil over a high heat then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the potato is very soft.
- Cool slightly then pour into a food processor or liquidiser and whizz until smooth (it's best to do this in batches).
- Return the soup to the pan, stir through the chilli and remaining sweetcorn and simmer for two minutes.
- Remove from the heat, leave to cool a little then stir through the yogurt and chives.
- Season to taste, add lime juice to taste and serve hot.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.