Adding fat-free natural yogurt to this curry gives it a marvellous creamy texture.
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 550ml vegetable stock
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2½cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 110g button mushrooms
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 110g cauliflower florets
- 110g broccoli florets
- 150g fat-free natural yogurt
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
for the spice mixture:
- 2 tbsps cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 cloves
- Make the spice mixture by grinding all the spices together in an electric grinder or with a pestle and mortar.
- Put the onions, garlic and half the stock in heavy saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil, then simmer for 5-10 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the onions are tender, golden and syrupy.
- Add the chilli, ginger, turmeric and ground spice mixture. Cook gently for 2-3 minutes to allow the spices to release their aroma. Add the mushrooms, aubergine and cauliflower with the remaining stock. Cover the pan and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the broccoli separately in boiling salted water until just tender and still a lovely bright green. Drain and add to the curry with the yogurt. Stir in very gently over the lowest heat possible and heat through gently. Do not allow to boil or the yogurt will curdle.
- Check the seasoning and serve the curry immediately, scattered with coriander.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.