A complete meal in a bowl, with the rich, satisfying taste you only get from slow cooking.
- 900g lean Irish beef fillet, cut into chunks
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 celery sticks, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 6 carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 125ml Guinness
- 800ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp beef gravy granules
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- A small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the beef and stir-fry until browned on all sides. Next, add the vegetables, Guinness, stock and gravy granules. Season well and add the bay leaf. Bring to the boil. Transfer to a medium casserole dish and cover. Cook in the oven for 1½-2 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Remove from the oven and scatter over the chopped parsley before serving.
Tip: For an Extra Easy SP day, fill at least half of your plate with Speed vegetables of your choice.