A complete meal in a bowl, with the rich, satisfying taste you only get from slow cooking.
- 900g lean Irish beef fillet, cut into chunks
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 celery sticks, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 6 carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 125ml Guinness
- 800ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp beef gravy granules
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- A small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the beef and stir-fry until browned on all sides. Next, add the vegetables, Guinness, stock and gravy granules. Season well and add the bay leaf. Bring to the boil. Transfer to a medium casserole dish and cover. Cook in the oven for 1½-2 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Remove from the oven and scatter over the chopped parsley before serving.
Tip: For an Extra Easy SP day, fill at least half of your plate with Speed vegetables of your choice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.