A complete meal in a bowl, with the rich, satisfying taste you only get from slow cooking.
- 900g lean Irish beef fillet
- 2 garlic cloves, 6 small onions, 2 celery sticks, 6 carrots
- A small handful of fresh parsley
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 125ml Guinness
- 800ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp beef gravy granules
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Cut the beef fillet into chunks. Peel and crush the garlic. Peel and quarter the onions. Cut the celery into 2½cm pieces. Peel and thickly slice the carrots. Chop the parsley. Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas 3.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the beef and stir-fry until browned on all sides. Next, add the vegetables, Guinness, stock, Bovril concentrate and gravy granules. Season well and add the bay leaf. Bring to the boil. Transfer to a medium casserole dish and cover. Cook in the over for 1½-2 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the chopped parsley before serving.
Tip: For an Extra Easy SP day fill at least half of your plate with delicious Speed vegetables, of your choice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group