Apart from the amazing flavours, the best thing about this classic lamb stew from the Emerald Isle is its simplicity. Just pop it all into a casserole pan and let your hob do the rest!
- 700g lean lamb leg steaks, visible fat removed, cut into large chunks
- 3 onions, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 turnips or 1 swede, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 900ml boiling chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chicken gravy granules
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the lamb, onions, garlic, turnips or swede, carrots and celery in a large heavy-based casserole pan. Add the stock and gravy granules, mix well and bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Season well and cover tightly then turn the heat to very low and cook for 2 hours or until the lamb is very tender.
- Serve hot with your favourite potatoes and vegetables.
Tip: **This recipe is suitable for freezing**
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.