Apart from the amazing flavours, the best thing about this classic lamb stew from the Emerald Isle is its simplicity. Just pop it all into a casserole pan and let your hob do the rest!
- 700g lean lamb leg steaks, visible fat removed, cut into large chunks
- 3 onions, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 turnips or 1 swede, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 900ml boiling chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chicken gravy granules
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the lamb, onions, garlic, turnips or swede, carrots and celery in a large heavy-based casserole pan. Add the stock and gravy granules, mix well and bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Season well and cover tightly then turn the heat to very low and cook for 2 hours or until the lamb is very tender.
- Serve hot with your favourite potatoes and vegetables.
Tip: **This recipe is suitable for freezing**
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.