Borlotti beans, pasta and veg make this stew a real comfort food treat, and it's ready in less than 30 minutes - bellissimo!
- 4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 celery sticks, cut into 1cm dice
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 8 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 level tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 100g dried short-shaped pasta
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Place the shallots, garlic, celery, carrots and red pepper in a saucepan and stir-fry over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dried herbs, chopped basil, tomatoes, tomato purée, pasta and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and allow to cook gently for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the pasta is cooked.
- Stir in the beans and cook for 2-3 minutes or until piping hot.
- Season well, remove from the heat and garnish with basil leaves just before serving.