This lovely soup makes a filling lunch that's ready in less than half an hour.
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 lean back bacon rashers, all visible fat removed, finely chopped
- 2 large skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 600g canned chopped tomatoes
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Place the onion, carrots and bacon in a large non-stick saucepan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, tomatoes, stock, rosemary and lemon zest and juice. Bring to the boil, stir, then cover and simmer on a medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.