This gorgeous risotto is a tasty way to enjoy the Italian sausages from the Slimming World food range.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 6 Slimming World Italian-style Pork & Beef Sausages
- 200g dried arborio rice
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 3 tbsp quark
- 5g fresh chives, finely chopped
- 5g fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the garlic, shallot, leek, carrot, celery and fennel seeds and fry for 10 minutes, adding a little water if anything sticks.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausages according to the pack instructions and cut each one into six pieces.
- Stir the rice and stock cubes into the veg. Add 700ml boiling water a little at a time - letting the rice absorb each batch before you add more - and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the sausages and keep cooking and stirring until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked to your liking (you might need more water). Remove from the heat, stir in the quark and herbs and season to taste. Enjoy with salad.
Video: Italian sausage risotto
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.