There’s no need to travel to the Caribbean when you can serve this fruity, tangy and exotic Jamaican chicken in your kitchen.
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 4 level tsp clear honey
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tsp wine vinegar
- ½ level tsp allspice
- ½ level tsp garlic powder
- ¼ level tsp turmeric
- 1 level tsp chilli powder
- 1 level tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 x skinless chicken quarters
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Put the spring onions, honey, chillies and vinegar in a blender and blend well. Stir in the allspice, garlic powder, turmeric, chilli powder, paprika, rosemary and seasoning.
- Cut the chicken quarters in half and place them in a shallow non-metallic dish. Spread the spicy paste over the chicken pieces and set aside in a cool place to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or grill until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked with a golden brown crust. Serve with a crisp salad or Free vegetables.
Tip: For an Extra Easy SP day fill at least half of your plate with delicious Speed vegetables or salad, of your choice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.