This warming dish, packed with chunky vegetables, is just right for chilly evenings.
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 400g chestnut, button or portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock pot
- 150g kale, shredded
- 800g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Place the leek, carrot, mushrooms, tomatoes and stock pot into a saucepan and place over a high heat. Season to taste, bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the kale and stir until wilted. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender, then drain and mash.
- Pour the kale mixture into an ovenproof dish and cover evenly with the mash. Smooth with a fork, brush with beaten egg and bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot with extra Speed veg.
Tip: Leave out the egg to make this dish suitable for vegans.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.