Jalfrezi is an Indian curry with a Chinese twist, we’ve added plump prawns to make it a Free fakeaway to remember!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 green chillies – 2 deseeded and finely chopped, 2 split lengthways
- 5 medium tomatoes, 3 chopped, 2 cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- A pinch of sweetener
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp fat-free natural yogurt
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 500g raw peeled king or tiger prawns
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 level tsp cornflour
- 1 large cucumber, sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler, to serve
- Spray a deep non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the garlic, chopped chillies, chopped tomatoes, cumin, garam masala, turmeric, sweetener and salt and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Add the split chillies and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, then add the yogurt and 200ml water. Stir well, reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by about one-third, stirring occasionally (the yogurt may separate at first but don’t worry, it will disappear into the sauce).
- While the sauce is cooking, spray another non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onion, prawns and peppers and cook for 5-6 minutes or unti the prawns turn pink. Add the tomato wedges and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water to form a smooth paste, stir into the sauce and simmer for a few seconds or until it thickens, stirring constantly. Add the stir-fried prawns and vegetables to the sauce, stir well and bring to the boil.
- Serve hot with the cucumber ribbons and your favourite rice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.