Jalfrezi is an Indian curry with a Chinese twist, we’ve added plump prawns to make it a Free fakeaway to remember!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 green chillies – 2 deseeded and finely chopped, 2 split lengthways
- 5 medium tomatoes, 3 chopped, 2 cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- A pinch of sweetener
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp fat-free natural yogurt
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 500g raw peeled king or tiger prawns
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 level tsp cornflour
- 1 large cucumber, sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler, to serve
- Spray a deep non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the garlic, chopped chillies, chopped tomatoes, cumin, garam masala, turmeric, sweetener and salt and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Add the split chillies and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, then add the yogurt and 200ml water. Stir well, reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by about one-third, stirring occasionally (the yogurt may separate at first but don’t worry, it will disappear into the sauce).
- While the sauce is cooking, spray another non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onion, prawns and peppers and cook for 5-6 minutes or unti the prawns turn pink. Add the tomato wedges and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water to form a smooth paste, stir into the sauce and simmer for a few seconds or until it thickens, stirring constantly. Add the stir-fried prawns and vegetables to the sauce, stir well and bring to the boil.
- Serve hot with the cucumber ribbons and your favourite rice.