A Free noodle bowl with beef and oriental veg in a ginger, garlic and chilli sauce.
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 40g fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ red chilli, deseeded
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 2 heaped tbsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp Marmite
- 1½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 250g dried soba noodles or medium egg noodles
- 400g sirloin steak, visible fat removed, cut into thin strips
- 600g mixed stir-fry vegetables
- 2 level tsp sweetener (optional)
- Put the garlic, ginger and chilli in a small food processor and blend until fairly smooth.
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the garlic-ginger-chilli paste and fry for 30 seconds, then add the stock cube, tomato purée, Marmite and 300ml water and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the vinegar and soy sauce and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to pack instructions and drain well.
- Spray a non-stick wok or large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the beef strips, fry for 3-5 minutes (to your liking) and transfer to a plate.
- Spray the wok with more low calorie cooking spray, add the vegetables and a splash of water and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
Return the beef to the pan, add the noodles and sauce and bring to a simmer. Stir in the sweetener, if using, and serve piping hot.