Sweet mild leeks, garden peas, lettuce and mint provide an explosion of fresh garden flavours in this gorgeous green side dish.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 large leeks, thinly sliced
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 400g frozen garden peas
- 2 baby cos lettuce, outer leaves removed, cut into 8 wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- Spray a medium non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the garlic and leek and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 -2 minutes.
- Add the peas and lettuce and cook, covered, for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Season to taste and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle over the mint and serve immediately.
Tip: For a change, substitute the lettuce for spinach leaves.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.