Sweet mild leeks, garden peas, lettuce and mint provide an explosion of fresh garden flavours in this gorgeous green side dish.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 large leeks, thinly sliced
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 400g frozen garden peas
- 2 baby cos lettuce, outer leaves removed, cut into 8 wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- Spray a medium non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the garlic and leek and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 -2 minutes.
- Add the peas and lettuce and cook, covered, for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Season to taste and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle over the mint and serve immediately.
Tip: For a change, substitute the lettuce for spinach leaves.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.