Great as a Sunday roast side dish, or alongside roast gammon.
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 800g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 650g leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- Put the vegetable stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Add the potatoes and leeks, bring back to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 200ml stock. Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Layer up the potatoes, leeks and garlic higgledy-piggledy in an ovenproof dish, seasoning as you go. Pour over the reserved stock and cover with foil.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until tender, uncovering for the last 20 minutes to brown the top. Scatter with chopped fresh parsley to serve.