This easy oven-bake recipe is a stress-free way to feed a hungry crowd – they’ll be queuing up for the recipe.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 8 leeks, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 800g roasted red peppers in brine from a jar, drained and finely chopped
- 600g canned sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 15 eggs, beaten
- 100g fresh Parmesan, grated
- Large handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray. Add the leeks, cover and cook over a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring often, until the leeks are tender.
- Add the garlic, red chillies, peppers and sweetcorn and stir-fry over a high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Divide this mixture between 3 shallow baking trays, each about 30 x 20 x 5cm and lined with baking parchment. Spread out to cover the bases evenly.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl with the Parmesan. Season well and stir in the chopped parsley. Divide this mixture over the vegetables in the prepared baking trays.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until the eggs have set and the top is golden brown.
- Leave to stand for 15-20 minutes before cutting each tray into 12 equal-size squares. Serve 3 per person, warm or at room temperature.
Tip: *Suitable for freezing