These tangy tartlets are irresistible – your friends and family will love them!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 large sheet filo pastry (about 45 x 25cm)
- 150g ready made, low-fat custard
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime, plus extra to decorate
- 2-3 drops lemon extract
- 1 level tbsp icing sugar, to dust
For the candied peel:
- Thinly sliced rind of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 3 level tbsp sweetener
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Spray a 4-hole Yorkshire pudding tin (each hole about 10cm in diameter) with low-calorie cooking spray.
- For the candied lemon peel, put the lemon rind in a pan with the sweetener. Pour over just enough cold water to cover and slowly bring to the boil. Cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes, or until translucent. Transfer onto baking paper and set aside until ready to use.
- Cut the pastry sheet in half, then cut each half into 4 squares. Spray each square with low-calorie cooking spray. Lay a square in each hole of the Yorkshire pudding tin, then add another square to each, at a different angle. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Put the custard, lime zest and lemon extract in a bowl and stir well. Divide the custard equally between the pastry cases and decorate with the extra lime zest. Top each with a few slivers of candied lemon peel and dust evenly with icing sugar.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.