These tangy tartlets are irresistible – your friends and family will love them!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 large sheet filo pastry (about 45 x 25cm)
- 150g ready made, low-fat custard
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime, plus extra to decorate
- 2-3 drops lemon extract
- 1 level tbsp icing sugar, to dust
For the candied peel:
- Thinly sliced rind of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 3 level tbsp sweetener
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Spray a 4-hole Yorkshire pudding tin (each hole about 10cm in diameter) with low-calorie cooking spray.
- For the candied lemon peel, put the lemon rind in a pan with the sweetener. Pour over just enough cold water to cover and slowly bring to the boil. Cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes, or until translucent. Transfer onto baking paper and set aside until ready to use.
- Cut the pastry sheet in half, then cut each half into 4 squares. Spray each square with low-calorie cooking spray. Lay a square in each hole of the Yorkshire pudding tin, then add another square to each, at a different angle. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Put the custard, lime zest and lemon extract in a bowl and stir well. Divide the custard equally between the pastry cases and decorate with the extra lime zest. Top each with a few slivers of candied lemon peel and dust evenly with icing sugar.