These light citrus sponges are just right for afternoon tea.
- 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 50g low-fat spread suitable for baking
- 6 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence
For the drizzle
- 8 level tsp icing sugar
- A few drops of lemon juice
- A couple of drops of yellow food colouring
- Silver balls to decorate (optional)
- 1 tsp icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Line 16 mini muffin tins with paper cases. Finely grate the zest of the lemon, then squeeze the juice and reserve for the drizzle.
- Whisk together the eggs, low-fat spread and artificial sweetener.
- Sieve in the flour and fold into the mixture with the lemon zest and vanilla essence. Carefully spoon into the paper cases and bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden. Remove, place on a wire rack, and allow to cool completely.
- To make the lemon drizzle, mix together the icing sugar in a small bowl with the lemon juice and food colouring to make a spoonable mixture. Carefully drizzle over the tops of the fairy cakes. Decorate with silver balls if desired (add 1 Syn per level tsp), and dust over the icing sugar.
Tip: *We used Anchor Spreadable Lighter.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.