These light citrus sponges are just right for afternoon tea.
- 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 50g low-fat spread suitable for baking
- 6 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence
For the drizzle
- 8 level tsp icing sugar
- A few drops of lemon juice
- A couple of drops of yellow food colouring
- Silver balls to decorate (optional)
- 1 tsp icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Line 16 mini muffin tins with paper cases. Finely grate the zest of the lemon, then squeeze the juice and reserve for the drizzle.
- Whisk together the eggs, low-fat spread and artificial sweetener.
- Sieve in the flour and fold into the mixture with the lemon zest and vanilla essence. Carefully spoon into the paper cases and bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden. Remove, place on a wire rack, and allow to cool completely.
- To make the lemon drizzle, mix together the icing sugar in a small bowl with the lemon juice and food colouring to make a spoonable mixture. Carefully drizzle over the tops of the fairy cakes. Decorate with silver balls if desired (add 1 Syn per level tsp), and dust over the icing sugar.
Tip: *We used Anchor Spreadable Lighter.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.