This traditional Indian recipe is made with yellow split lentils. It’s Free on Extra Easy and perfect for vegetarians.
- 250g yellow split lentils, washed and drained
- 200g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 4 shallots, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 tsp peeled and finely chopped ginger
- 2 fresh chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 8-10 fresh curry leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 4 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Place the lentils in a saucepan with 700ml of hot water and bring to the boil, skimming off any scum that comes to the surface. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring often to ensure that the thickened lentils do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the spinach, stir, cover and cook gently for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the shallots and stir fry for 4-5 minutes and then add the ginger, chilli and curry leaves.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes, add the turmeric and stir. Scrape the contents of the pan into the lentils, add the tomatoes and cook on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Season well and serve immediately.
Tip: Yellow slit peas (chana dal) are used in this, but you could substitute for red lentils.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group