This traditional Indian recipe is made with yellow split lentils. It’s Free on Extra Easy and perfect for vegetarians.
- 250g yellow split lentils, washed and drained
- 200g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 4 shallots, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 tsp peeled and finely chopped ginger
- 2 fresh chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 8-10 fresh curry leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 4 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Place the lentils in a saucepan with 700ml of hot water and bring to the boil, skimming off any scum that comes to the surface. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring often to ensure that the thickened lentils do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the spinach, stir, cover and cook gently for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the shallots and stir fry for 4-5 minutes and then add the ginger, chilli and curry leaves.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes, add the turmeric and stir. Scrape the contents of the pan into the lentils, add the tomatoes and cook on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Season well and serve immediately.
Tip: Yellow slit peas (chana dal) are used in this, but you could substitute for red lentils.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.