These lovely and light pancakes are perfect for Shrove Tuesday. Deliciously low-Syn, why not enjoy them all year round?
- 100g wholemeal plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150ml unsweetened orange juice
- 150ml soda water
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Place the flour for the pancakes in a mixing bowl and beat in the egg. Gradually beat in the orange juice and soda water.
- Grease a 20cm non-stick omelette pan with low calorie cooking spray and place on a high heat. When the pan is hot enough, pour the batter to thinly coat the base of the pan, turning the pan as you do so. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the pancake is brown and bubbling on the underside. Flip and cook for another further minute. Remove from the pan and keep warm whilst cooking the remaining 7 pancakes.