This simple yet delicious dish is made with fresh clams, but you could use mussels instead for variety.
- 40 very small fresh clams
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 level tsp anchovy paste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g dried linguine
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- Scrub the clams, discarding any that remain open when tapped sharply. Place them in a pan over a high heat. Add 100ml of water, cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, or until all the shells have opened. Discard any clams that have not opened after 5 minutes.
- Strain the clam juices from the pan through a sieve lined with muslin or kitchen paper and reserve the liquid.
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute or until the garlic begins to colour, then add the anchovy paste and chopped parsley and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and the strained clam juices. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Cook the linguine according to the packet instructions and drain well.
- Add the clam flesh to the tomato sauce and stir well. Then stir the sauce into the cooked pasta and serve immediately sprinkled with chopped parsley.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group