A simple dish packed with fresh flavours – and one you'll want to make again and again.
- 500g dried linguine pasta
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 x 170g cans white crabmeat in brine, drained
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 plum tomatoes, deseeded and cut into thin wedges
- Small bag of rocket leaves
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain, reserving 50ml of the cooking liquid, and set aside.
- Spray the warm saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray. Add the spring
onions, garlic and chilli and cook over a low heat for 2-3 minutes until softened, stirring often. Stir in the crabmeat, lemon zest, tomatoes and the reserved cooking liquid and heat gently.
- Return the pasta to the saucepan along with the rocket and toss well to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper and squeeze over a
little fresh lemon juice to taste. Serve straight away.
Tip: If you have the storage space in your kitchen, it’s worth picking up a jumbo bag of pasta – there are big savings to be made from buying in bulk.