Luxury eggs florentine
This classic eggs Florentine is perfect for a laid-back breakfast, brunch or lunch.
- 4 large flat or Portobello mushrooms
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 250g baby spinach leaves
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 large eggs
- 1-2 tsp white wine vinegar
- A pinch of grated nutmeg
- 4 slices of lean ham, all visible fat removed
- 8 thin slices of tomato
- 1 tbsp crushed pink peppercorns
For the sauce:
- 8 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
- 25g Reduced fat Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- A pinch of mustard powder
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped tarragon
- 200ml boiling hot vegetable stock
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and place gill side up on a grill rack. Season well, lightly spray with low calorie cooking spray and cook under a preheated medium-hot grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile place the spinach in a large pan with the lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes until wilted. Drain off any juice, season with the nutmeg and a little salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Stir in the vinegar, reduce the heat to a very gentle simmer and carefully break the eggs into the water. Cover the pan and let the eggs poach on a very low heat for about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and carefully transfer the eggs to a large bowl of cold water.
- Make the sauce by placing the fromage frais in a bowl with the cheese, mustard powder and tarragon. Season to taste, add the stock and, using an electric hand whisk, blend well.
- Transfer to a small saucepan and heat gently for 1-2 minutes until warm (don't let it boil or the fromage frais will curdle).
- Place a mushroom on each plate and cover with a slice of ham, two slices of tomato, some spinach and finally top with a poached egg. Spoon over the tarragon sauce and serve sprinkled with the pink peppercorns.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group