Luxury eggs florentine
This classic eggs Florentine is perfect for a laid-back breakfast, brunch or lunch.
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 baby leeks, thinly sliced
- 7oz / 198g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices ham, all visible fat removed
For the sauce:
- 8 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- 25g reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Pinch of mustard powder
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 200ml hot vegetable stock
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and place gill-side up on a grill rack. Season lightly, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and cook under the grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
- Spray a pan with Fry Light and place over a medium heat. Add the leeks and stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until starting to soften. Next, add the spinach and stir. Cover the pan and continue cooking over a moderate heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted and the leeks are tender. Drain in a sieve, pressing down with the back of a spoon to remove the excess moisture. Return to the pan and season, then add the nutmeg. Cover to keep warm.
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Stir in the vinegar, reduce the heat to a very gentle simmer and carefully break the eggs into the water. Cover the pan and let the eggs poach over a very low heat for about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and carefully transfer the eggs to a large bowl of cold water.
- To serve, place each mushroom, stalk side up onto a warmed serving plate. Top with a folded slice of ham, the spinach mixture and a poached egg. Season with black pepper. Serve immediately.
Tip: Eggs stored at room temperature give the best poaching results.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.