Our coconut macaroons have a wonderfully sweet coconut flavour with a crisp exterior and a soft and chewy texture.
- 4 egg whites
- 198g sugar
- 71g desiccated coconut
- Beat the egg whites until frothy (Make sure no yolk whatsoever has contaminated the egg whites, otherwise you could be whisking for ever!)
- Add the sugar and beat until stiff.
- Fold in the coconut, put mixture into a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe 30 macaroons onto a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven (170ºC/150ºC Fan/Gas Mark 3).
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool for a few minutes before removing them from the baking sheet.