This fruity sorbet is divine on a hot summer’s day.
- 2 large ripe mangoes (or use 300g prepared fresh mango)
- 2 large bananas
- 350g fat-free natural yogurt
- 2 level tsp sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium pineapple (or use 400g prepared fresh pineapple)
- Fresh mint sprigs, to decorate
- Cut the cheeks off each mango, then slice the remaining flesh and skin off the stone. Peel and dice the mango flesh and place it in a food processor. Add the bananas, yogurt, sweetener and vanilla extract and whizz until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezerproof container and freeze for 1 hour, or until frozen around the edges but still slushy in the middle.
- Using a fork, break up the ice crystals around the edge and stir into the slushy centre. Freeze for another 2-3 hours.
- Tip into a food processor and whizz very briefly until smooth, then return to the container, cover and freeze until solid.
- Top and tail the pineapple, then cut away the skin around the outside. Cut the pineapple in half, then into quarters. Cut away the hard core. Slice the flesh and put it into a bowl, then chill.
- Move the sorbet into the fridge 10 minutes before you want to eat so that it can soften a little. Divide the sorbet between 6 bowls and serve with the pineapple, decorated with the mint sprigs.
Tip: You can also make this delicious dessert in an ice-cream maker.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.