A comforting Free risotto with marinated chicken, grilled courgette and cherry tomatoes.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 large bottled roasted red peppers in brine, drained
- 3 garlic cloves
- 400g dried arborio rice
- 2 vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 700g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 large courgette, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 200g baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
- 15g fresh basil, chopped
- 150g plain quark
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Spray a large deep non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Fry the onion for 10 minutes or until softened, adding a little water if anything starts to stick.
- Meanwhile, purée the roasted red peppers and garlic in a mini food processor.
- Put 800ml water into another saucepan and bring to a simmer over a low heat.
- Stir the red pepper purée, rice and stock cubes into the onion and start adding ladlefuls of the hot water, allowing each ladleful to be absorbed by the rice before you add more. Stir often to stop the rice sticking. After 10 minutes, add the tomato purée, chopped tomatoes and chicken to the rice, then continue adding the stock.
- Once the chicken has been in the pan for 5 minutes, add the courgette and cherry tomatoes. After another 5 minutes, add the spinach and basil and continue adding the water until it has all been absorbed and the rice is al dente - about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir through the quark, season and serve with salad. Enjoy!