Succulent strips of chicken in a mildly spiced tomato sauce with sweet potato, peppers and onion.
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 2 large bottled roasted red peppers in brine, drained and roughly chopped
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 500ml boiling chicken stock
- 700g skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- Put the garlic cloves, 1 roasted red pepper and 50ml water in a small food processor and whizz until puréed.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, fresh peppers and sweet potato and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if anything starts to stick.
- Stir in the garlic purée along with the spices, oregano, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and stock. Bring to the boil over a high heat then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken and remaining roasted pepper and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the potato is tender, stirring occasionally. Season to taste and serve with a green salad. Enjoy!
Tip: This dish is available as part of the Slimming World food range, available in Iceland stores.