Our Free version of this tasty stew features oh-so-tender pork pulled apart and stirred into the sensational spicy sauce.
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 1kg lean pork loin joint, visible fat removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- ½ level tsp chipotle chilli paste (or another chilli paste)
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 500ml boiling chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 340g can sweetcorn kernels in water, drained
- 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed
- Mix the cumin, paprika, garlic granules and ½ tsp each of salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Add the pork joint and turn to coat well. Put the onion and chilli flakes in the slow-cooker pot and place the pork joint on top.
- Mix the chilli paste, tomato purée, stock and oregano with any spices left in the pork dish. Pour the mixture over the pork, cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- After the pork has been cooking for 7-8 hours, stir in the sweetcorn and lentils. Cover again and cook for the rest of the cooking time or until the pork is very tender and starting to fall apart.
- Lift the pork on to a board, pull it into strips using 2 forks and stir it back into the stew. Serve hot in bowls with salad.
Tip: Don’t have a slow cooker?
Put all the ingredients except the sweetcorn and lentils in a non-stick casserole pan, cover and cook for 2-2½ hours in an oven preheated to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3. Add the sweetcorn and lentils, cover and return to the oven for a further 30 minutes.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.