Mighty mixed grill
Treat your family to this mighty Food Optimising meal - they'll never know it's good for them! With juicy steak, gammon, lamb chops, tomatoes, mushrooms and chips, just try letting them tell you it’s ‘diet food’!
- 200g potatoes, skin on
- Large field mushrooms
- Lean steak - fillet, sirloin, rump, whichever cut you fancy
- Gammon steak
- Lamb chops - fat trimmed off
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas 9.
- Remove any blemishes or 'eyes' from the potato. Slice lengthwise into thick rectangular chips, leaving the skin on.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the chips and cook for 10 minutes. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes to dry.
- Meanwhile, halve the tomatoes and remove the stalks from the field mushrooms.
- Place all the meat under a moderate grill and then grill until cooked to your liking.
- Return the chips to the dry saucepan, cover with a lid and shake to 'rough up' the edges of the chips - this roughness is important to the texture of the chips.
- Spray a metal baking tray with low calorie cooking spray. Transfer the chips to the tray, spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides. Drain them on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Place the mushrooms and tomatoes alongside your meat under the grill, then cook until the tomatoes are softened and the mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Make your poached eggs by whisking a saucepan of lightly simmering water into a whirlpool. Drop the eggs, one at a time, into the centre and add a few drops of vinegar to the water to stop the white breaking up.
- Arrange all the meat on a (huge) plate, with the chips, and then place the tomatoes, mushrooms and eggs on top.