An Italian classic packed with vegetables, pasta and herbs.
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stick, roughly chopped
- 5 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 3½ tbsp tomato purée
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 1.2 litres boiling vegetable stock
- 2 large carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- ½ x 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 120g dried conchigliette or other small pasta shapes
- 80g kale, large stalks removed, finely chopped
- Put the onion, celery, roughly chopped carrot, garlic, herbs, tomato purée, chopped tomatoes and stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Discard the bay leaves and whizz until smooth using a stick blender (or use a food processor or liquidiser and return the soup to the pan).
- Add the finely chopped carrot, beans and pasta and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the kale and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked but still has a little bite. Season lightly and serve hot.
Tip: You'll find this soup available as part of the Slimming World food range in Iceland stores.