A genius combo of cheesecake and ice cream – two delicious puds in one.
- 12 ginger nut biscuits, crushed
- 4 level tbsp low-fat spread, melted
- 400g plain quark
- 400g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 2 level tbsp sweetener
- 4 egg whites*
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 400g mixed blackberries, blueberries and chopped strawberries
- Line a 22cm diameter springform cake tin with baking paper. Put the biscuits in a bowl, pour over the spread and mix well. Spoon into the tin, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Spoon the quark, fromage frais and sweetener into a bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
- Put the egg whites in a large, clean glass bowl and beat with an electric hand whisk on a medium speed until they form stiff peaks. Gently fold the whites and vanilla extract into the quark mixture, then fold in the berries. Spoon onto the biscuit base, smooth the top and cover with foil. Freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Remove from the freezer, carefully transfer to a serving plate and allow to thaw for 20 minutes. To serve, dip a sharp knife into hot water and cut the gateau into 8 equal slices.
Tip: *Current government guidelines advise that pregnant women, the elderly, babies and toddlers have eggs marked with the British Lion stamp if eating them raw or partially cooked.