This dish combines fresh, succulent seafood with spicy rice and veg in a flavour-packed feast!
- 200g smoked haddock fillet
- 200g salmon fillet
- 300ml hot fish stock
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 300g basmati rice
- 12 large raw prawns, peeled (tails can be left on if preferred)
- 8 scallops, cleaned
- 200g green beans, trimmed and cut into 1.5cm pieces
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- Small handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs, boiled to your liking, peeled and halved
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the haddock and salmon in a large saucepan. Pour over the
stock, cover and simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from
the heat and leave to stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray
and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, cumin seeds,
cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, cloves and curry powder and
stir-fry for 6-8 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Remove the fish from the pan with a slotted spoon, reserving the
stock and discarding any skin and bones. Transfer the fish to a
warmed plate, cover and set aside. Place the reserved stock in a jug
and make up to 650ml with water.
- Rinse the rice in cold water, drain well, then stir into the onion mixture.
- Pour the reserved stock into the pan, add the prawns, scallops and
green beans and stir in the turmeric.
- Bring to the boil, cover tightly with a lid, reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to
stand, covered, for 12-15 minutes.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and spoon onto a serving plate.
- Break the poached haddock and salmon fillets into big pieces and gently stir into the rice. Scatter over the coriander and stir gently to mix without breaking up the fish.
- Check the seasoning, top with the eggs and serve with lemon wedges
to squeeze over.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.