This dish combines fresh, succulent seafood with spicy rice and veg in a flavour-packed feast!
- 200g smoked haddock fillet
- 200g salmon fillet
- 300ml hot fish stock
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 300g basmati rice
- 12 large raw prawns, peeled (tails can be left on if preferred)
- 8 scallops, cleaned
- 200g green beans, trimmed and cut into 1.5cm pieces
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- Small handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs, boiled to your liking, peeled and halved
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the haddock and salmon in a large saucepan. Pour over the
stock, cover and simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from
the heat and leave to stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray
and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, cumin seeds,
cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, cloves and curry powder and
stir-fry for 6-8 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Remove the fish from the pan with a slotted spoon, reserving the
stock and discarding any skin and bones. Transfer the fish to a
warmed plate, cover and set aside. Place the reserved stock in a jug
and make up to 650ml with water.
- Rinse the rice in cold water, drain well, then stir into the onion mixture.
- Pour the reserved stock into the pan, add the prawns, scallops and
green beans and stir in the turmeric.
- Bring to the boil, cover tightly with a lid, reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to
stand, covered, for 12-15 minutes.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and spoon onto a serving plate.
- Break the poached haddock and salmon fillets into big pieces and gently stir into the rice. Scatter over the coriander and stir gently to mix without breaking up the fish.
- Check the seasoning, top with the eggs and serve with lemon wedges
to squeeze over.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.