This fresh bean salad pops with goodness – perfect for a light supper, a delicious side-dish or a picnic pack-up.
For the salad
- 200g shelled fresh broad beans
- 150g fine green beans, trimmed
- 150g stringless runner beans, sliced diagonally
- 200g shelled fresh garden peas
- 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 410g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
For the dressing
- 2 round shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 6 tbsp fat free vinaigrette
- 1 large mild green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- Sea salt
- Cook the broad beans in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes adding the green beans and runner beans after 3 minutes. Add the garden peas for the last 2 minutes, then drain and plunge into cold water. Drain again, then remove and discard the tough white skins of the broad beans. Set aside.
- Meanwhile place the sliced shallots into a bowl with the lemon juice and set aside.
- Make the dressing by putting the chopped shallot and the lemon juice into a large salad bowl. Leave for 10 minutes then whisk in the vinaigrette. Stir in the green chilli, garlic and cumin seeds and season to taste. Add the beans and garden peas to the dressing and mix together.
- Drain, rinse and dry the sliced shallots and use to top the salad, serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group