Wobbly jelly, fresh fruit and creamy custard plus the flavours of mulled wine make this a festive dessert.
- 8 sheets of leaf gelatine
- 11.5g sachet of sugar-free raspberry jelly crystals
- 1cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 6 cardamom pods
- 100ml red wine, approx 13% vol
- 1 tsp sweetener
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 400g mixed berries, thawed if frozen
- 400g low fat custard from a can or carton
- 500g fat free natural fromage frais
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 level tsp edible gold and silver decorations
- Put the gelatine sheets into a bowl of cold water and leave for 10-12 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, stir the jelly crystals into 400ml of boiling water and set aside.
- Place a saucepan over a low heat and add the ginger, cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves, cardamom pods, red wine, sweetener and orange zest. Heat until hot but not boiling.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the gelatine sheets and put the sheets into a large bowl.
- Strain the wine mixture through a sieve on to the gelatine sheets then add the jelly mixture, stir well and leave to cool.
- Put the fruit into a large glass serving bowl and pour in enough of the cooled jelly mixture to come about two-thirds of the way up the side, leaving room for the custard and fromage frais (you can use any leftover jelly mixture to make individual jellies). Chill overnight.
- Spoon the custard over the jelly, then whisk together the fromage frais and vanilla and spoon on top. Scatter over the edible decorations to serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.