A warming soup bursting with vegetables, rice and Indian spices.
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 30g fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 50g dried red lentils
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 1.4 litres boiling vegetable stock
- 80g dried long-grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 200g butternut squash, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 large roasted red peppers in brine from a jar, drained and roughly chopped
- 40g baby leaf spinach
- Fat-free natural Greek yogurt, to serve
- Put the onion, ginger, garlic, carrot, lentils, garam masala, curry powder, tomato purée and stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whizz until smooth with a stick blender (or use a food processor or liquidiser and return the soup to the pan).
- Add the rice and squash and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peppers and spinach and cook for another 5 minutes or until the rice is ready. Season to taste and serve with a swirl of yogurt.
Tip: You’ll find this soup available as part of the Slimming World food range in Iceland stores.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.