This dish is a novelty - delicious crackers made out of filo pastry that you can eat.
For the parcels
- 12 x 22.5g sheets of filo pastry
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 16 long thin chives and string, for tying
- Paprika, to dust
- Cranberry sauce to serve (optional)
For the filling
- 700g wild, button or chestnut mushrooms, sliced or cut into small pieces
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 275ml vegetable stock
- 150g fat free natural fromage frais
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make the filling. Put the mushrooms into a saucepan with the shallots, garlic and stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes, then uncover the pan and simmer gently for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the stock has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the fromage frais and parsley, and season to taste.
- Cut each sheet of filo pastry in half so that you have 24 rectangular sheets in total. Take one sheet and spray very lightly with low calorie cooking spray. Lay another sheet on top and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Repeat with a third sheet.
- Put a little of the filling down the center of each rectangle and then roll up. Pinch in the 'cracker' towards each end and tie with string. Repeat with the other crackers.
- Spray a baking sheet with low calorie cooking spray and arrange the crackers on top. Spray the crackers with low calorie cooking spray, and then cook in a preheated hot oven at 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas 5 for 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Remove the string from the crackers and replace with the chives, tied in bows. Serve dusted with paprika and accompany with cranberry sauce.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.