The ultimate in Russian comfort food, chunky mushroom stroganoff is a quick and tasty low Syn meal.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 700g jar passata with onions and garlic
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 200g green beans, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 500g button mushrooms, quartered
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 80g Philadelphia Lightest
- 300g dried long-grain rice
- 200g fat-free fromage frais
- Spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Stir-fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the passata, stock, beans, pepper, mushrooms and most of the parsley, reserving some for garnish. Season well, stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, then stir in the Philadelphia, cover and cook gently for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions and drain. Remove the stroganoff from the heat and stir in the fromage frais. Divide the rice and stroganoff between 4 plates. Sprinkle over the remaining parsley and a twist of black pepper to serve.
Tip: If you're on an Extra Easy SP day, swap rice for heaps of Speed veggies
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group