The ultimate in Russian comfort food, chunky mushroom stroganoff is a quick and tasty low Syn meal.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 700g jar passata with onions and garlic
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 200g green beans, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 500g button mushrooms, quartered
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 80g Philadelphia Lightest
- 300g dried long-grain rice
- 200g fat-free fromage frais
- Spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Stir-fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the passata, stock, beans, pepper, mushrooms and most of the parsley, reserving some for garnish. Season well, stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, then stir in the Philadelphia, cover and cook gently for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions and drain. Remove the stroganoff from the heat and stir in the fromage frais. Divide the rice and stroganoff between 4 plates. Sprinkle over the remaining parsley and a twist of black pepper to serve.
Tip: If you're on an Extra Easy SP day, swap rice for heaps of Speed veggies
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.